From a post on Thursday, January 15, 2009
Quick Udpate
"I finally feel at peace with the change in my relationship with him. We aren't beefed out but we don't talk. I'm very comfortable with that. I realized I never really had time for that relationship to begin with but I made time and sacrificed time for other things and people because I wanted that relationship to work. When I still wanted that but the rules had changed I struggled with finding a comfortable place because things had gone from one extreme to the next. I had a dream about him being happy in another relationship. Surprisingly there was no jealousy, anger, regret, or even sadness. I was happy for him, he had found everything he wanted in a woman. I took a look at the situation, while still in the situation, and examined if I was being a false self or did I genuinely feel happy for him and what I so wanted him to find in me he had found in someone else (Dooley, I understood something from class lol). And I was. Just like that. It took a few months and a dream to put things into perspective for me."It's true. He is in fact in a relationship and there was also no "jealousy, anger, regret, or even sadness". We talk a little more often now, I guess the presence of a relationship on both ends evens the playing field. It's good to have moved passed the point of regret and sadness but I will say from time to time I do let my thoughts wonder about what the future does or does not hold.
0 comments:
Post a Comment