CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Ain't no substitute for the truth, either it IS or it ISN'T:

Just like music, writing frees my soul. Look into my eyes and you see my truth in all it's purity. Read my writing and you have just looked behind these brown eyes and into my soul...

In these eyes...

In these eyes...

Monday, October 12, 2009

Old Honesty box reply

I was asked why views on marriage are the way they are:

"Well once I moved on from Donte I was never really sure about marriage after that. I questioned my entire existence. I questioned whether what I wanted was truly what I wanted or what he wanted. W/o him I didn't know anything, didn't want anything. That's why I feel so strongly about people being so dependent on their partners. I have been there and reality is it may not last forever. So when it's over you still have to have yourself. Finally, I have my own views and opinions which is why I am so big on someone accepting me for me and not changing for anyone, except myself.

I feel like marriage is just like other titles people put on relationships...a bunch of bullshit unless your mind is there and your words and action are in accordance. People are married but have affairs and etc so what does the piece of paper really mean? If I ever do decide to get married it will be a business decision to do so-so me and my family can have security. The person however will be someone I love very much, have learned to live with, and can see myself building a family with.

I honestly don't want to bring children into the mix if I'm not married or with someone I am committed to spending the rest of my life with. I honestly feel like two people raising a family have a hell of a lot better chance at the kids experiencing more positive experiences than just one person.

When I got with Ahryn I was happy with the going with the flow, traveling, more fun little drama, and then I got serious and started thinking about my future. Fun and going with the flow was fun but at the end of the day I realized that I was headed to a place where I needed stability and someone who was headed toward spending a great deal of their life with me.

At the end of the day I feel that marriage and children don't guarantee a relationship. The two people in it do. Either you want to make the choice to spend your life with someone or you make the choice not to.

I watched so many people in my life settle for what society tells them is happiness. Well I determine my happiness..."

0 comments: