
Sternberg's Triangle Theory of Love:
Nonlove refers to the absence of all three components. Liking occurs when we just have intimacy, such as in friendships. Infatuation occurs when we only have passion, such as in love at first sight. This type appears quickly and disappears almost as fast. Empty love occurs when we only have commitment, and is often the residual love that remains once the other types have faded. Romantic love, on the other hand, is the combination of intimacy and passion. In this way, it involves both liking and physical desire for the other person. Companionate love is a combination of commitment and intimacy, and often occurs in the later stages of a relationship after the passion has faded. Fatuous love is a combination of passion and commitment, therefore lacking intimacy. Finally, consumate love is a combination of all three components. This is our society's ideal type of love, because it involves close friendship, physical urges, and a strong commitment.
My Thoughts:
Pleasing me might seem easy but I'm complicatedly complex, easy to know but hard to understand/Actively seeking unconditional love , like the third type from Sternberg's Triangle Theory of Love/Not the hit and quit it I lust you, I love you but don't trust you type of love/Sexiness comes in all colors, shapes, and beings but I love the brown skin, slim yet muscular physique and intriguing beauty scars that make him or her unique/Energy off the charts, I dig that orgasmic chemistry/X-ray my heart and you find the silhouette of a person, lots of ambiguity/Usually a male is who'd you see, times have changed now who knows who you'd see/All the hype about being placed in a box fuck conformity/Love me or hate me, but respect me and don't label me.
0 comments:
Post a Comment